This is the exclusive site created for teachers, administrators and storyteller/educators in StoriesLive® in participating high schools 2011. Please join the group for your school here.
Each school has a designated group, with private forums to exchange information, issues or concerns. The materials and groups listed here are private but we do have pages of media and a blog at a separate site. If you would like to learn more please write to: email@example.com and put SL® or high school in the header. Thanks
An introduction to storytelling for Students and Instructors
Storytelling is oral narrative in live performance
Storytelling is one the oldest performing arts. Here are 5 important things about a powerful story.
1. A story has a ( beginning, middle, end)
2. A story has just the right words ( a ballet is a story, without words, a deposition is the facts without art)
3. A story includes non-verbal expression (a pantomime can tell a story but it is not storytelling)
4. A story includes direct interaction with the audience – no fourth wall (3 walls in a theater and we say the imaginary one is in front of the actors that keeps them apart from the audience as actors in their roles )
5. A story is told without illusion or props or sets or pictures . Instead the story told is created in performance by the listener and the teller. The tellers words and affect enter into the imagination of the listener who creates their unique images for the story they are hearing
In the next 3- 4 sessions you will learn to tell a story from your personal experience and have an opportunity to compete in a school wide story slam and a Greater Boston Slam.
This program is funded in part by generous support from masshumanities.org and the Massachusetts Cultural Council through LCC grants.
- “…[high school] students speak from the soul “
- A TeacherTalks@StoriesLive®
- Evaluation – Students in StoriesLive® 2011-2012
- Evaluations (3) Teacher’s – StoriesLive® 2011- 2012
- StoriesLive® Winners ~2011
- Storytellers & Educators
- Student Quotes~StoriesLive® ’11
- Teachers quotes~SL® 2011
- Teaching Materials
- Assessment: Performance Anxiety
- How Personal? Legal Issues & More
- Project Evaluation – survey for educators
- Teacher Guideline B:Learning Styles etc.
- Teacher's mid-eval
- DYI School Story Slam
- Lesson Plan 3
- Lesson Plan 4
- unStuck! Helping students find “meaning”
- Lesson Plan 2
- Lesson Plan 1
- (OPTIONAL) Student Written Assessment
- 5 themes for StoriesLive®
- SL® Media: video 2012
- Storyteller's Videos
- Winners SL® 2012 video!
- What is StoriesLive®